Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Writers want to Write

 Writers want to Write... 

Trying to break into the writing business is like breaking into a chastity belt with a mangled hook. 

I just finished a "video" masterclass on Freelance Writing. The presenter provided some helpful suggestions on how she landed in Freelance writing. I did learn quite a bit with this, however here I sit... having no clue where to start. I often wonder if Imposter Syndrome is a real thing. Imposter syndrome is when an individual (i.e. ME) feels as though they are anxious, not able to feel internally that they are successful, aside from what the truth actually is. I know that I am a good writer. The problem with me is that I procrastonate, which is another large factor of imposter syndrome. 

When Googling Freelance Writer requirements I see that the following are the top picks. 
* Build a portfolio
* Good time management skills
* Basic SEO skills
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Blog Writing
* Excellent editing skills
* Several years of writing experience
* Excellent editing skills

Again, the several years of experience is interesting, because once again... How do you gain several years, when you are just starting out. I did just find that the college I attended does offer a writing group. I think I will contact them to see if Alumni can also attend. 

What are your experiences with Freelance work? Any tips and tricks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured....

Burning Desire

 1 - Minute Prompt:      We all have desires. What are yours? Create a piece where every sentence with the words "I Want." I want ...

Popular Posts