Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Do We Write Everyday?

 Do We Write Everyday? You Do If You Have A Cell Phone...


    To be a good writer, they say you must write daily! I wonder if they had the cell phone technology when they thought about this. We write when we text. We write when we use our cell phones for emails. We write when we comment on social media. We even write when we create our grocery list on our Notes App. 
    I would never have guessed that writing takes over a huge part of our lives. Some people say they "hate" writing, but I wonder if they knew that they do.  Through texting most of the grammar is used through an acronym(s). For the most part, this is okay. However, when writing academically, using acronyms is not ok. The best practice for utilizing acronyms in academic writing is to spell it out first, then introduce the acronym in later parts of the writing. 
    I believe that when I write acronyms definitely cross my mind. Having written in the academic world for several years, it is important to remember who your audience members are. I believe that this is the most important part when it comes to writing. If your audience does not want to read what you wrote, how do you expect to be successful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured....

Burning Desire

 1 - Minute Prompt:      We all have desires. What are yours? Create a piece where every sentence with the words "I Want." I want ...

Popular Posts