Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Unlikely Teachers

10 - Minute Prompt:

Not all teachers are alike. Some of them are - let's face it - duds. Think of a teacher, professor, or mentor who was a dud but ended up affecting your life in a positive way regardless. Was this a positive outcome because of this person or in spite of them? 

* It is interesting how I am writing out these prompts from a book, and Grammarly is trying to correct them* 

In college, I had a horrible professor. Well, let's face it, there were several awful teachers. However, this one in particular spoke in a tone that was very flat and he had zero sense of humor. The one thing that he seemed obsessed with was talking about sex and the acts of sex. Now, this course was about Greek Mythology, which my professor was obsessed with talking about "giving suck" all the time. Out of everything I learned, this was the one thing that always stuck with me. If anything it gives me a laugh as well. I was told he was no longer allowed to teach and was forced to retire. It has given me a profound look at Greek Mythology and provided me with the chance to truly understand it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured....

Unlikely Teachers

10 - Minute Prompt: Not all teachers are alike. Some of them are - let's face it - duds. Think of a teacher, professor, or mentor who wa...

Popular Posts