Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Touchy-Feely

 5 - Minute Prompt: 

    Locate something nearby that has a soft texture. Then locate something soft within you. Write about these two kinds of softness, one physical and one more abstract. 

Locating something soft in my house is easy. I have two dogs and two ferrets. The softest one is my female dog, she is a German Shepherd. Her ears are the smoothest out there. The base of her ears is like moving my hands around inside a giant bag of delicate feathers. Laying your head down after a long day on amazingly soft pillows. 
The softness inside of me is for people. I have a big heart and care for people, more than I should. It is softness with struggling people who just need someone to talk to. I generally get too involved and end up hurt in the end. One would think that I would learn, but I do not. I have learned over the years to set boundaries and hold people accountable for their actions. 
I know these are two different ways of feeling and experiencing them. However, we need to learn to be careful and still be able to express our thoughts and feelings on the outside and inside. Hence the abstractness of this comparison. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured....

Unlikely Teachers

10 - Minute Prompt: Not all teachers are alike. Some of them are - let's face it - duds. Think of a teacher, professor, or mentor who wa...

Popular Posts